Texas Bariatric Specialists Delivering Bariatric Surgery in Austin – Now Serving True Results Patients *
Founded by Dr. Nilesh A. Patel, MD, a nationally recognized and fellowship-trained bariatric surgeon, Texas Bariatric Specialists is a holistic weight loss practice focused on delivering long-term weight loss solutions through which have resulted in over 2,500 bariatric surgeries that have exceeded the national average of successful weight loss management.
Announcement to All Former True Results Patients
Dr. Patel has been designated as a preferred provider for all former True Results patients in the Austin area. True Results patients have already been experiencing the high level of service available and the comprehensive care program.
Dr. Patel specializes in surgical weight loss procedures including:
With a commitment to surgical expertise, compassionate care and exemplary preoperative and postsurgical consultative services, Dr. Patel and staff at Texas Bariatric Specialists ensure successful weight loss management for their patients through long-term relationships to support good health.
Our Services Include:
- Ultra-modern 5,000+ sq. ft. office in Northern Austin atop the Horizon Bank. Knowledgeable, full-time staff available Monday through Thursday.
- Back-on-Track Program – This program is designed to assist prior bariatric patients with a lap band, sleeve, or RNY to re-embark upon their journey to health and wellness. Our experienced staff will get you back on track with any nutritional, dietary, or physical weaknesses established post-surgery.
- Revision of failed weight loss surgery – There are times when surgery just does not yield the desired outcomes. Not always due to surgeon or patient compliance. There is just a disconnect between desired results and achieved results. Dr. Patel has become a laparoscopic revision surgery specialist and has successfully converted all types of failed surgical procedures to more viable and beneficially procedures for the patient. If you are struggling with your chosen procedure, and are considering reversal or revision surgery, please see our experienced staff for evaluation.
- Carol Andrus, NP a very knowledgeable and compassionate addition to the TBS staff. She is specifically assigned to our North Austin office and is available every Tuesday – Thursday from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm to provide clinical services and support of your health goals.
- Radiological Services –Available on site most days, Monday through Thursday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm for Barium swallows (UGI) and fluoroscopic adjustment of laparoscopic adjustable gastric bands.
- Program Exercise Physiologist – Our staff physiologist is readily available to help create a robust exercise program that will be both challenging and beneficial for obtaining and maintaining your goals.
- Pulmonary Function Tests – Testing offered during normal business hours specifically designed to assess your pulmonary status and ability to undergo bariatric surgery.
- Ultrasonic Body Composition Testing – Scientifically proven and trusted modality can accurately measure tissue structure and body composition. It is a very effective tool used by our staff to help patients track fat and muscle, gains and losses and to evaluate the effectiveness of their diet and exercise program.
- Insurance Concierge – Our staff of knowledgeable insurance specialists provide a full range of insurance qualification services to make your prequalification paperwork is in order. This full service ensures you are receiving the full benefits you are entitled to, alleviates the hassle for you, and provides you with peace of mind. We are happy to say that 80% of our weight loss surgeries are paid for by insurance. You will be assigned an insurance advocate who will answer all your questions about insurance guiding you through the approval process. Just provide your insurance information and they will take it from there.
- Life Partner for Weight Loss – As a nationally recognized surgeon, Dr. Nilesh A. Patel, MD, believes in long-term relationships and forming partnerships for success.
- Program Psychologist – A staff psychologist is available for all patients’ pre-op and post-operative treatment, to assist with through the journey of successful, long-term weight loss.
- Program Dietician – A certified dietician/nutritionist who specializes in the unique needs of bariatric surgery patients and provides both private consultations and group sessions before and after surgery.
- Nutritional Resource Store – A convenient, in-house nutritional supplement resource store with pharmaceutical-grade supplements.
- Support Group – A strong online support group to help keep you on track and create a forum to discuss issues.
Texas Bariatric Specialists is more than a surgery center; it is a group of highly trained professionals focused on ensuring your health for a lifetime.