Our Behavioral Team
At Texas Bariatric Specialists, we partner with highly skilled psychologists to help with your weight loss surgery at our locations in San Antonio, Austin, Killeen, Corpus Christi, and Laredo.
As part of our world class health services we provide psychological consults within our offices. The difference is being able to access a full team dedicated to treating obesity; as opposed to running around town. A behavioral specialist will assess eating habits before surgery and aide in the development of healthier ones. Patients who see a behavioral specialist have improved outcomes and exceed patients that don’t. We believe that this difference will allow our patients to succeed in their long term goals and achieving what was once thought as impossible.
At Texas Bariatric Specialists, our mission is:
- To provide state-of-the art, minimally invasive surgical options for all our patients.
- To continue to improve the “standard of care” in one of the nation’s 10 largest cities.
- To establish weight-loss surgery as a true specialty which requires specialized training and a multi-disciplinary team approach.
- To serve as a “beacon of hope” for all patients by offering a “no exclusion” policy.
- To provide compassion, superior outcomes and warm, personal attention to our patients while pursuing our practice goals.
Seán G. Connolly, Ph.D. is a psychologist and clinical director at Algos Behavioral Health Services, Inc. His primary focus in this clinical practice is health psychology, specializing in chronic pain, clinically severe obese patients, weight loss surgery, & brain injuries. He has been in practice over 30 years.
Karri Zumwalt, PsyD., is a Licensed Psychologist who completed her doctorate degree from Our Lady of the Lake University. She completed her internship at the Central Texas Veterans Healthcare System. Her special interests include: traumatic brain injury, weight loss issues, PTSD, cancer, and biofeedback.