Financing and Self-Pay for Bariatric Surgery
While a majority of surgeries done at Texas Bariatric Specialists are covered by insurance, unfortunately at least 50% of patients with insurance do not have bariatric coverage. This can be extra stressful given the fact it can take up to two years to decide on weight loss surgery, yet the insurance you relied on for years is not supportive of the decision you have made.
We currently offer one of the lowest prices in Texas for bariatric surgery and we currently are the first and only program in South Texas to offer a protection package for your surgery. This package is INCLUDED in our very competitive self-pay package (see below for more information).
Financing can often lead to having your weight loss surgery scheduled more quickly.
American HealthCare Lending is the premier financing company in the bariatric surgery industry. With over 5 Billion dollars funded and over 300,000 loan inquiries serviced through their lenders, this is the name and a program you can trust.
Here are some benefits you’ll receive with a loan from American HealthCare Lending:
- Immediate decisions for loans under $35,000
- Term options up to 84 months (affordable monthly payments)
- No collateral required
- No prepayment penalties
- Fast & easy loan inquiry process
- 100% confidential
We also offer financing through the following companies:
You can also apply for a home equity loan or unsecured loan from your bank.
Please call for current prices which are subject to change based on Dr. Patel’s personalized approach and ongoing cost efficiency.
Once you decide to have weight loss surgery and become a self-pay patient, you have made one of the best decisions of your life! Weight loss surgery will improve both the quality and quantity of your life.
Financially speaking, weight loss surgery costs about the same as a reliable used car, but weight loss surgery is an investment with life-long returns while a used car only loses value with time. Choosing to invest in weight loss surgery will pay you and your family back for many years as you get back your life and health. On average, it takes a diabetic less than 2 years to pay back the operation and a little over 2 years for non-diabetics.
Included in your Cash Price
As a self-pay patient, you need to make an informed decision regarding the program you choose. The lowest price may not be the true lowest when other “hidden” fees are accounted for and the lowest may not always be the best. Texas Bariatric Specialists includes the following in your cash price:
- Life-time post-operative visits with Dr. Patel.
With proper follow-up, 70% of your excess body weight will be lost in the first year after surgery. That is why follow-up is so important and fully included in your self-pay price.
- We come to you! With 9 offices throughout South Texas, we give you easy access to your surgeon and cuts down travel and cost.
- BLIScare! Dr. Patel is the only weight loss surgeon in South Texas who provides this unique financial protection for all self-pay patients. This unique benefit is priceless. See our BLIScare page for more information.
- One to three night stay in the hospital. If your stay is extended it is covered in your BLIScare package. See our BLIScare page for more information.
- Anesthesia, radiology, and lab fees associated with your hospital stay.
- Life-long follow-up with your surgeon for sleeves, gastric bypasses, and revision surgeries.
- 90 days of follow-up with our dietician.
- Free band adjustments for 6 months.
- Many post-operative patients who self-pay or finance their surgery receive tax benefits! In most cases, a letter showing bariatric surgery was medically necessary can generate a tax deductible write-off. Click here to learn more on tax deductions.