Financing and Self-Pay for Bariatric Surgery
While the majority of surgeries done at Texas Bariatric Specialists are covered by insurance, there are still many patients who have an insurance plan with no bariatric coverage. This can be extra stressful given how long it can take to decide on weight loss surgery, yet the insurance you relied on for years is not supportive of the decision you have made.
The good news is that financing your weight loss surgery can often lead to having surgery scheduled more quickly and we currently offer some of the lowest prices in Texas for bariatric surgery.
Prosper HealthCare Lending is a top financing company in the bariatric surgery industry. With over 5 Billion dollars funded and over 300,000 loan inquiries serviced through their lenders, this is the name and a program you can trust.
Here are some benefits you’ll receive with a loan from Prosper HealthCare Lending:
- Immediate decisions for loans under $35,000
- Term options up to 84 months (affordable monthly payments)
- No collateral required
- No prepayment penalties
- Fast & easy loan inquiry process
- 100% confidential
We also offer financing through the following companies:
You can also apply for a home equity loan or unsecured loan from your bank.
Please call for current prices which are subject to change based on Dr. Patel’s personalized approach and ongoing cost efficiency.
Once you decide to have weight loss surgery and become a self-pay patient, you have made one of the best decisions of your life! Weight loss surgery will improve both the quality and longevity of your life.
Financially speaking, weight loss surgery costs about the same as a reliable used car, but weight loss surgery is an investment with life-long returns while a used car only loses value with time. Choosing to invest in weight loss surgery will pay you and your family back for many years as you get back your life and health. On average, it takes a diabetic less than 2 years to pay back the operation and a little over 2 years for non-diabetics, when considering healthcare costs.
Included in your Cash Price
As a self-pay patient, you need to make an informed decision regarding the program you choose. The lowest price may not be the true lowest when other “hidden” fees are accounted for and the lowest may not always be the best. Texas Bariatric Specialists includes the following in your cash price:
- Life-long follow-up visits with Dr. Patel or Dr. Reddy with any type of weight loss surgery, including: gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, SIPS, and revision surgeries.
With proper follow-up, 70% of your excess body weight will be lost in the first year after surgery. That is why follow-up is so important and fully included in your self-pay price.
- We come to you! With 8 offices throughout South Texas, we give you easy access to your surgeon and this cuts down travel and cost.
- One to three night stay in the hospital, based on procedure type.
- Anesthesia, radiology, and lab fees associated with your hospital stay.
- 90 days of follow-up with our dietician.
- Free band adjustments for 6 months.
- Many post-operative patients who self-pay or finance their surgery receive tax benefits! In most cases, a letter showing bariatric surgery was medically necessary can generate a tax deductible write-off. Click here to learn more on tax deductions.