Comparing Cash Prices – It’s More Than Just Price!
To ensure you’re making the most informed decision as a self-pay patient, you need to ask what is included in the price of your bariatric surgery. Self-pay prices vary but finding a low price for your bariatric surgery does not mean you are getting the most for your money when it comes to your hospital stay or in your post-op follow-up care.
At Texas Bariatric Specialists, we offer a competitive cash price, not just in price, but what is included for you in the price. We include:
- Life-long post-operative visits with Dr. Patel or Dr. Reddy after your surgery. Follow-up care with your surgeon is very important. In the first year after your bariatric surgery, up to 70% of your excess body weight will be lost with proper follow-up care!
- In order to cut down travel costs, we come to you! We have eight locations across South Texas to make sure you have easy access to your surgeon.
- If your surgery is at Southwest General, you have added protection if your stay is extended. The self-pay price includes up to a three night stay in the hospital.
- Testing associated with your hospital stay including anesthesia, lab, and radiology fees.
- 6 months of free band adjustments.
- Follow-up with our dietitian for 90 days after surgery.
- Don’t forget tax benefits! Many post-operative patients are able to receive tax benefits for self-paying their weight loss surgery. Most of the time, a letter explaining why bariatric surgery was medically necessary can generate a tax deductible write-off. Click here for more information on tax deductions.
Have you asked your surgeon what is included in the price of your weight loss surgery? If not, you should!