Support Groups for Bariatric Surgery
TBS support groups for bariatric surgery provide our patients with an excellent opportunity to discuss their various concerns or issues. Most learn, for example, that weight loss surgery will not resolve existing emotional issues or heal the years of damage that obesity might have inflicted on their emotional well-being.
TBS offers both online and on-site support groups at our San Antonio and Corpus Christi offices to assist you with short-term and long-term questions and needs, including the most effective exercise and diet programs after bariatric surgery.
Ongoing post-surgical support helps produce the greatest level of success for our patients, and provides encouragement to maintain a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
The TBS online Private Support Group is located on ObesityHelp.com/group/TBS which features:
- Personal pages for patients
- Messaging to other OH members
- Photo galleries
- Personal Blog
- Goal tracking through the Health Tracker Program
- Body Tracker to track your body measurements and create goals
- Nutrition Tracker to track your nutrition/food journal
- Medical Tracker to track your lap-band adjustments
- Activity Tracker to track your physical activity
- Customized widgets & tickers to add to your page or blogs
- Health Reports to print and bring with you during your scheduled appointments with Debbie, RD or James, PA. These features would be great for those patients who are doing their insurance required supervised diet, post operative patients who want to ensure they’re on the right nutritional and physical activity track and also for any patient participating in one of our Non- Surgical Medical Weight Loss Programs.
Patients are encouraged to register online and get started as soon as they have met with the doctor.
On-Site Support Groups
If you would like to know upcoming support group dates, please call (877) 529-5806 or email Debbie.Lanfair@bypassdoc.com.